CQ Strawberry Basil Infused Water Recipe
RECIPE YIELD: 1 POUCH RECIPE WILL FILL OUR 3.5-GALLON BEVERAGE DISPENSER TWICE
CQ Infused Beverage System
- BPA-Free, Dishwasher Safe CQ Beverage Dispenser
- 1 Insert (patent pending)
- 1 Base (natural bamboo or brushed stainless steel)
- 1 Lid
- 1 Portion Control Mixing Bucket
- 1 CQ Slicer Key/Wand
Confirm that the spigot is screwed in tightly and then carefully lower the insert into the jar.
- 1 Commercial Slicer (Do not slice by hand! If you don't have a slicer, use a mandoline)
- 1 Metal Strainer
- 1 Muddler
- 1 Pouch of CQ Strawberry Puree
- 12 Basil Stalks
- 3 Gallons of Filtered Water
The Art of Infused Water
To set the insert in place, position basil stalks on each side of the jar between the insert and the jar. Use the CQ Wand to push the slices all the way down. Decorate the rest of the jar using the CQ Wand to position the remaining slices as shown in the picture.
Using the CQ wand to measure the water level, fill the CQ Mixing Bucket with 3 gallons of cold, filtered water. Add 1 pouch of CQ Strawberry Puree and stir.
Next, place a metal strainer in the mixing bucket and muddle any remaining watermelon slices and mint stalks. This technique will ensure that no fruit pieces end up blocking the spigot later. Congratulations, you’ve just created CQ Strawberry Basil Infused Water!
Fill the beverage container to the top with ice cubes (about 10 lbs.) and add the CQ Strawberry Basil Infused Water. To refresh, add equal amounts of ice and CQ Strawberry Basil Infused Water.
Refresh, Refrigerate & Infuse
CQ Infused Waters will keep for 2-3 days... when you follow these simple instructions: At the end of the day, refresh the beverage dispenser with CQ Infused Water and refrigerate. To avoid discoloration, make sure all of the fresh fruit, herbs and vegetables are submerged.
- Do not refrigerate the bases.
- DO NOT attempt to preserve CQ Lemonades, Iced Teas, Cold Brews or Juice Infusions overnight!
Cleanup & Storage
- Empty the beverage container’s ice and liquid into the sink.
- Remove the insert by sliding it upwards or by reaching into the jar by the spigot cutout to get a secure grip on the edge of the insert.
- Dump any fruit, herbs or vegetables into your compost bin.
- Load all plastic parts onto a dishwasher tray and run through your dishwasher. Do not wash the stainless steel or bamboo bases, instead, wipe by hand with an appropriate cleaner.
- Air-dry and reassemble the CQ Infuded Beverage System. Store in a secure case or room.
To clean any stubborn fruit residue, lay the beverage container on a cotton rag, and scrub the inside of the beverage container using a cotton rag with warm water and soap. Note: USE ONLY COTTON RAGS! Anything else may permanently scratch or damage your CQ equipment.
Find More CQ Infused Water Recipes
Search for other infused beverage recipes, by Puree Flavor, Infusion Jar Design, and Type of Infused Beverage (Spa Water, Infused Water, Infused Iced Tea, Infused Lemonade, Infused Cocktail Mixer and Juices Infusions).